Rare Hand Crafted Chasen Whisk
This matcha whisk is hand-carved from purple bamboo in an ancient Japanese village. Beautiful and durable. Compared to other Bai bamboo (white bamboo) whisk, these Chasen bristles won’t get twisted easily and is very durable to use and a stunning work of crafted art to look at.
Authentic and traditional tool to prepare super fine & frothy matcha tea. This 64-prong Chasen is handcrafted to make the frothy thin Matcha (Usucha) for Japanese tea ceremony. It is incredible fine and beautifully delicate to use. This
- Beautifully crafted, 100% handmade.
- Size: 11Cms length and 5 Cms in diameter.
- Rare purple bamboo
Taking Good Care of Your Chasen Bamboo Whisk:
1. We recommend that you soak your bamboo whisk prior to using for the first 3-5 times you use it. The bamboo whisk is susceptible to dry conditions. When it is dry, it becomes brittle and easy to break. Soaking it will help increase its flexibility and therefore, it’s life span.
2. It is better to store the bamboo whisk on a whisk keeper after using it or stand it on it’s end so nothing is touching the prings. It will help the bamboo tines keep their shape, prolonging its lifespan.
3. Rinse it with cold or warm water thoroughly after each use. Shake out as much of water as you can. Make sure it isn’t in contact with moisture for long periods of time. The bamboo can easily grow mould on it otherwise.
LESSON: How to care for your chasen
Please inspect your bamboo whisk before each use for broken tines. More for your own safety, remove any broken parts before whisking.