This recipe is my go to recipe for all the indulgence and none of the guilt. #EatClean! It’s a powerhouse of nutrients and I love it as a weekend treat after a particularly hard training session.
In fact, I was enjoying a bowl this weekend and thought it was about time that I share the goodness with the world. This recipe is so versatile that you can create your very own version to suit your tastes once you have the basics so I hope this post inspires you.
We would love to see your creations posted to our facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/ILoveMatchaTea/ or shared with us on Instagram simply use @kineta_tea.
Okay, so here goes…
This deliciously creamy chocolate matcha dessert is full of the good stuff:
• Matcha is full of antioxidants, as well as being rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
• People are finally wising up to the fact that fats are your friend and avocados are rich in healthy fats, folate, carotenoids.
• Chocolate provides antioxidants and magnesium – I don’t need any more excuse than that to break out the dark chocolate!
• Bananas provide vitamins, potassium, fibre and loads of natural sweetness.
• Peanut butter adds protein and even more of those healthy fats. Great for workout recovery!
WARNING! This dessert is addictive and so easy!
– 1 Large very ripe avocado
– 1 Large very ripe banana (ripeness is essential! The riper it is the sweeter and smoother the final flavour)
-90g of 70-100% dark chocolate/ cacao – I use a dash of almond milk and heat to melt the chocolate and make a chocolate sauce. It makes mixing easier.
– 1tsp Kineta Matcha Tea (This can be taken out if giving to children or being eaten in the evening)
– 2tsp Peanut butter
– 1tsp Vanilla Essence
– 2 tsp Agave syrup or honey (you can skip this if the banana is sweet enough or add more if you prefer sweeter!)
This dessert is so flexible… If you don’t like banana use dates instead or increase the amount of sweetener you use. I find this dessert particularly delicious with nutmeg so get creative and see what gets your taste buds going.
– Spices – try spicing it up with nutmeg and/ or cinnamon and/ or cardamom and/ or metabolism boosting chilli if you are brave enough
With added toppings you can really make this dessert a show stopper too…
– Organic desiccated coconut for texture or decoration
– Coconut cream
– More peanut butter for topping
– Grated chocolate for decoration
NB: I’m not suggesting you use them all but take your pick of the toppings that take your fancy
1. Add the banana, avocado, chocolate sauce, vanilla essence, kineta matcha tea, peanut butter and agave into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
2. Then it is over to you. Simply taste and add more almond milk to thin/help blend. Add more chocolate for a richer chocolate flavor. Add more agave/ honey to enhance sweetness. You get the picture!
3. When you are happy with the flavour simply split between 4 ramekins or glasses.
4. Place in the fridge. This tastes even better once chilled for at least half an hour.
5. Before serving, top with your choice of toppings or let your guests decide!
6. Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days although they never last that long in my house!