Power Protein Matcha Flapjack Recipe
This power flapjack recipe made with Matcha Tea is an all time favourite of mine. It packs a huge nutritional punch, is mega tasty, contains the added Matcha boost and has no added fats or processed sugars!
Yes, you heard that right… no added sugar or fat!
Trust me… they’re just as tasty too 🙂
Perfect on the go fuel!
This protein flapjack Matcha recipe works as an all round power bar and boost for your day. I often make these for breakfast for the working week because they’re filling, nutritious, help keep me going for longer and they’re indulgently tasty with no guilt. They’re also great for transportable fuel on those long hikes, bike rides and marathon training routes!
The ingredients can be changed to suit your personal tastes but my favourite is an Orange Matcha version:
1 cup of oats and coconut flour mix (you can use just oats but I use coconut flour to up protein and fats)
1 cup of dried fruits and nuts and seeds of your choice (I use raisins, apricots, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and prunes)
1 cup of dates
1/3 cup of almonds
1 Orange – zested and juiced
1 Tsp orange extract
3 Tsp matcha green tea
Super easy to make…
1. Mix Oats, flour, orange zest, dried fruit and nuts/ seeds in a bowl (excluding almonds)
2. Place dates, orange juice, matcha tea, almonds, orange extract into a blender and blend to a thick liquid – add a little water if needed.
3. Mix ingredients together to form a dough that is neither wet nor dry
4. Place into a greased tin as you would normal flapjacks
5. Place in the oven at 180 Degrees for 30-40minutes
6. Leave to cool (if you can wait that long) and cut into squares before placing in the fridge!
The combination of good fats, slow release carbohydrates and proteins make this an excellent all round recipe packed with vitamins, minerals and a good boost of matcha green energy.
This recipe is super flexible as well:
Experiment with different flavours – for example replace the orange with Banana or include other super fruits like blueberries, goji berries, coconut and the list goes on!
It’s a perfect healthy alternative for kids too…
If you want to give to your children a healthy flapjack alternative simply exclude the Matcha green tea powder. I make this for my god son and he loves them!
We would love to see your creations so please tag #KinetaMatcha when you upload 🙂