The perfect early morning pick-me-up for those who could do with a little more energy in the morning, this wonderful matcha tea granola recipe is ideal for preparing on the weekend ready for the working week ahead.
Gluten-free, suitable for vegetarians, and already containing one of your 5 a day (not including the added fruit it’s served with), this healthy homemade organic matcha tea granola recipe will keep you energised throughout the day – especially when served with a bowl of Matcha on the side.
Best of all, this recipe is really easy to personalise. All you need to do is simply swap out something you’re not keen on and replace it with one of your favourite ingredients. For instance, we occasionally swap the desiccated coconut for banana chips and the result is delicious! If, on the other hand, you’re hoping to turn this into a vegan-friendly recipe, all you have to do is take the honey out and add some agave nectar instead.
Organic Matcha Tea Granola Ingredients
- 280g oats
- 200g nuts and seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, chia, rough chopped cashews and almonds)
- 50g desiccated coconut (optional)
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp Kineta Everyday Matcha Powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2tbsp honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 grated medium courgette
- 1 grated apple
- 1 grated carrot
- 30g raisins
- 40g cocoa nibs
How To Make The Organic Matcha Tea Granola:
- Preheat the oven to 140oC
- Add all ingredients (except the raisins and cocoa nibs) into a large bowl and mix thoroughly until everything is coated.
- Spread everything out evenly onto a baking tray
- Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes
- Turn the oven off and leave the baking tray in for another hour to cool and dry out
- Remove the granola from the baking tray into an airtight container
- Add 30g raisins and 40g cocoa nibs to the cooled granola and mix.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and a sprinkle of matcha powder
And there it is. The Kineta Matcha Tea Granola Recipe. We absolutely love it, so if you decide to try it out, why not let us know what you think? We’d love to see how it turned out too, so feel free to send us a picture or two! For more exciting and energising matcha tea-infused recipes, check out the recipe section on the I Love Matcha Tea blog. We have tonnes of delightful drinks and fabulous food ideas for you to try, so you had better get started!