Here is a guilty secret… I love pancakes at the weekend. This is true especially when I have the time to try different combinations and get creative it’s a real guilty pleasure. Nothing says the weekend quite like pancakes for breakfast! With Shrove Tuesday coming up I thought I would share my Matcha pancake recipe with you for a healthier version of the more traditional pancake recipes.
Not only are these pancakes gluten and dairy-free they are packed full of good stuff and are higher in protein than your average recipe. Human beings crave the sense of being satiated. It’s a delightful feeling to be “full” and the protein content in these pancakes will help keep you feeling full and totally satisfied.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
– 60g Ground Almonds
– 40g Gluten free flour – I like organic quinoa flour or a 50:50 mix of gluten free white and whole-wheat flour
– 1.5 Tsp. Kineta Matcha Powder
– 150ml Almond Milk
– 2 Eggs
– 1 Tsp. Coconut sugar
– 1/2 Tsp. vanilla essence
Toppings – Totally your choice!
– Raspberry Coulis
– Honey or agave
– Almond Butter
The above quantity will serve 2 – double up for more or halve for less! Easy 🙂
Matcha Pancake Instructions:
1. Mix the ground almonds, coconut sugar, flour (sieved) and Matcha into a single bowl
2. In a separate bowl whisk almond milk, eggs and vanilla essence until fully blended
3. Slowly whisk in the dry flour mix a spoon at a time to avoid any lumps. Keep going until all the flour in mixed and you have a smooth batter. Now you are ready!
4. Heat your frying pan on medium heat with a very small amount of oil – I prefer coconut oil to add another level of flavour
5. When hot enough pour about 1/8 of your mixture out and move around the pan to make a thin circle. If the batter is too thick ad a little more almond milk and whisk again.
6. Leave for a minute or so then flip to cook the other side. Each side should be lightly browned
7. Tip out on to your plate and add toppings!
I love any of the following combinations:
– Banana with cinnamon honey: simply mix the cinnamon into the honey and pour over
– Blueberries, raspberries with honey/ agave
– Banana and almond butter – great for after any workouts to replenish your body and keep your energy consistent
If you try out this recipe, please do let us know what you think by leaving a comment below. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram #KinetaMatchaRecipes so we can check it out!